Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sam Harris delema

Sam Harris' delema derives from consciousness. The feeling of actaully feeling awaereness. When we feel concious we are the ones inside feeling the concious state so we cant see from the outside perspective. No matter how you try to describe such a feeling you can not describe it. An example would be if I were to describe the view from on top of the highest mountain, explain how I felt. But I can only describe this to a different party, they will never see what I experienced or feel what I experienced. I agree with Sam Harris in his argument, you can not completely describe something to a third party, not the way you experienced it. This reminds me of a game I played as a young child called "telephone", we sat in a circle and one word would derive from the first student and she/he would whisper it in the next childs ear and so on until it went around the class, all 30 students, by the time the word got to the end it was totally different.


No comments:

Post a Comment