Friday, July 20, 2012

A Glorious Piece of Meat: An Overture on Consciousness

Your brain is just a piece of meat? It seems so harsh to hear such a statement.We are more than just neurons firing, or atleast we believe we are! To me, it seems our brains control our conciousness. The video talks about if we would get hit in the head with something hard and for that second we forget whats going on around us and even blank out then that means to me that our brains are our conciousness, they are the power behind everything. They are like our personal computers. My last post was about how we confuse computers for humans and it reminded me of this video because of the first thing that came to my mind "our brains are our personal computers", if something walks and talks and moves we see that as a living thing. This video was very informal and taught me that everything I know comes through my conciousness, inturn comes from our very own brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment