Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Disneyland of Consciousness: Exploring the Animatronic Image

All I have to say is that technology is on such a deep level that its evolving and changing soo fast. Watching this video reminds me of my trips to Disneyland. When I was a child, even until now I honestly thought the characters in the rides were so life like. I was horribly scared the first time I rode pirates of the carribean, I remember looking at the pirates and seeing real live human men starring right into your eyes. They are able to move and open their mouths and blink. One that was sitting on top of the bridge even drinks out of his beer bottle. Im 27 years old and know for a fact that these pirates are made from technology and I still doubt myself. On the haunted mansion there is a part on the ride when your looking at yourself in the mirror and a ghost appears right next to you, these holograms are so life like that it even scares you for a bit. Our minds are able to play tricks on us. But it has a lot to do with this technology and how far it has come. Then again when I think about my dreams and how people in my dreams are so realistic and when you wake up it feels like whatever it was that you dreamt about just happened to you in real life. And dreams have nothing to do with technology in any way. It makes you think about how easily our minds are fooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment